A soup chopped full of nutrition and comfort.
1 Package (100g) Eryngii (King Trumpet)
1 Package (100g) Bunashimeji
100g Mizuna, or Arugula
200g Beef ( chopped)
Soba noodles, Enough for 4 people
1 Cup Tomato Juice
3 Cups (700ml) Water
1 1/2 cup Mentsuyu, Japanese soup base ( made of Sake, mirin, soy sauce, kombi, and Katsuobushi)
- Cut Eryngii Lengthwise into 8 Equal parts, Remove the base off of Bunashimeji and divide into small sections, Finley Slice 1/4 an Onion, and Chop up Mizuna ( or Arugula)
- In a pot, add in water, Mentsuyu Soup base, and the sliced Onion. Allow it to come to a boil then lower the heat to a simmer and add in mushrooms and beef until the beef is fully cooked.
- Add-In tomato Juice and allow the soup to come to a boil again.
- In another pot, boil Soba noodles until cooked
- Serve noodles in 4 Bowls and Add Soup base to each Bowl, then finally garnishing with Mizuna.
Recipe and video adapted from www.hokto-kinoko.co.jp