- Cut off the base of Bunashimeji and Bunapi and loosen the mushrooms into small sections. Afterwards, cut potatoes into medium to small sized cubes and finely chop up the 1/4th of the onion.
- Heat a pot over the stove and melt butter and sauté onion and mushrooms.
- Add water, consommé, and potatoes simmering until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
- With an emulsion blender, blend the soup until smooth, adding milk slowly.
- Simmer until thick and add salt to taste. Garnish with parsley.
Recipe adapted from www.hokto-kinoko.co.jp