Full of vegetables, and delicious mushrooms, this breakfast Sandwich gives you enough energy to keep you day moving.
Serving Size: 4
1/2 Package (50g) Bunashimeji
1/2 Package (50g) Bunapi
1 Package (100g) King Trumpet
1/2 a Red Bell Pepper, julienned
1 Medium Carrot, Finely Julianned and 2 inches in length
2 leafs of Cabbage, finely chopped
40g Ham chopped
4 eggs, beaten
1 Tbsp Grain Mustard
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tsp Butter
salt to taste
4 slices of cheese
4 slices of Bread
- Cut base off Bunashimeji and Bunapie and divide into small sections. Next, cut The King trumpet mushrooms into 1/5 inch pieces vertically and then in half horizontally.
- In a frying pan, add Mushrooms then salt and pepper and olive oil. Once the mushrooms have slightly browned take out of pan as set aside.
- Heat butter in the same pan, add half the ham (20g) then 2 beaten eggs, making sure to season with salt and pepper. Cook the egg like an omelet and fold it into a square shape.
- Repeat step 3 again
- Add salt and pepper to carrots (mix) , Grain Mustard, salt, and pepper to cabbage (mix).
- Assembling the sandwich (in this order) : Bread – cheese – Red Bell Pepper – mushrooms – carrot- cabbage – cheese – Bread
- Repeat step 4 again, and slice both sandwiches in half.
Recipe adapted from www.hokto-kinoko.co.jp
1 Package (50g) Maitake mushrooms
1 Package (50g) Eryngii (King Trumpet)
5 cups (approx. 1000) Cooked White Rice
6 Tbsp Vinegar
1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
♦ Pepper to Taste
♦ Salt to Taste
A bunch of Komatsuna or your favorite green vegetable
100g Takuan (Pickled Daikon Radish) or substitute for your choice of pickled radish
12 Crab Legs or Imitation Crab
4 Sheets of Nori
Continue reading “Mushroom Sushi”