For the cabbage sauce:
1/2 an onion
2 Sheets of Bacon
2/3 Cup water
1 Tsp salt
Pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Cut Eryngii (King Trumpet) in half lengthwise and divide Maitake into equal portions.
- Salt and lightly flour the salmon. In two separate frying pan, grill salmon and mushrooms. Making sure to salt and pepper the mushrooms and once cooked, place in a separate dish.
- Sauté spinach and lightly salt and pepper.
- To make cabbage sauce: Cut the cabbage into small portions, cut onion into slices. In a pan place olive oil, cabbage, and onion Sauté. When it begins to brown slightly add water and simmer. Next, place ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add sauce back to the pan and add bacon.
- When serving, Place on a plate in this order: sauce, salmon, and spinach. Place mushrooms on top.
Recipe adapted from www.hokto-kinoko.co.jp