Making the best use of your mushrooms and try making this Mushroom Beef Stew.
2 Package (200g) Maitake
2 Package (200g) Bunashimeji
1 Pound (500g) Beef Stew meat
2 Small Onion
2 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Flour
For the Sauce:
1 Cup Beef stock
1 bay leaf
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp Black pepper
1 Tsp Paprika
Salt, to taste
6 Tbsp Cream
- Cut base off Bunashimeji and divide into small sections also Divide Maitake into small sections.
- Finely slice Onion and slice Carrots into 1/4th inch rounds
- Flour Stew meat and and brown in a pot with melted butter. once brown transfer it to a Crockpot.
- Add stock ingredients, except cream, into the crock pot. Also add in carrots and onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or in high for 4-6 hours. In the last two hours add in the mushrooms and cream and stir.
Recipe adapted from www.hokto-kinoko.co.jp