Try making this nutritious Mushroom and vegetable cocotte. Made with Bunapie (white beech) , King Trumpet mushrooms , and nutritious vegetables; this dish is perfect to set your day out for a great start.
Serving size: 4
1 Package (100g) Bunapi
1 Package (100g) King Trumpet
1 Kabocha squash or a squash of your choosing
1/4 a stalk Cauliflower
3 cups 0r more Spinach
4 Sausages of your choosing
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Cut Bunapie off base and divide into small pieces and cut King Trumpet Mushrooms lengthwise and divide into four equal parts
- Cut squash into halves and and place in the microwave for about 5-6 minutes or roast in a 400°F Oven for 25- 30 minutes. Then cut squash into medium sized cubes.
- Cut sausage into small pieces and cut spinach so that they are approximately 1 and 1/2 inches lengthwise.
- Sauté sausage, mushrooms, spinach, and cauliflower in a pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide sausage, mushrooms, spinach, cauliflower and squash into for equal portions and place into cocotte 4 cocotte dishes.
- Split one egg in each dish and place in a 425°F oven for 10 – 15 minutes.
Recipe adapted from www.hokto-kinoko.co.jp