Who doesn’t love fresh tempura? Try making this healthier alternative made with Hokto Mushrooms.
Serving size: 4
40g King trumpet cut into 1/8 inch pieces lengthwise
2 Cups All- purpose flour, sifted
2 large eggs
2 cups ice water
ice cubes for chilling the water
Frying oil, such as canola
Before you start:
Heat frying oil before making tempura batter. The oil should be 375 °F
Making the Tempura:
- In a small bowl, sift flour, making sure to remove all clumps.
- in a Medium bowl gently beat 2 eggs until the yolk and egg whites are barely incorporated.
- Add 2 cups ice water to the bowl with the beaten egg, do not mix.
- Next, incorporate flour to the medium bowl. Making sure not to over mix the batter.
- Coat each respective mushroom in the Tempura batter and fry until the batter is cooked.
Adapted from: www.hokto-kinoko.co.jp