An easy “throw together” recipe that can easily be made for a large group of people.
1 Package (1oog) Eryngii (King Trumpet)
1 Package (100g) Maitake
1 Package (100g) Bunashimeji
1 Loaf of French Bread
50g Cheese (of choice)
2 Tbsp Parsley, Chopped
For the Quiche:
2 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Fresh Cream
Salt, to taste
White Pepper, to taste
- Remove the top of the French Bread and its contents.
- Combine all Quiche Ingredients together.
- Cut off the base of Eryngii and divide into 4 equal parts lengthwise and then again into 3 parts in the opposite direction. Remove base off of Bunashimeji and along with Maitake separate into small sections.
- In a Frying pan, add mushrooms and a little oil and cook until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl add mushrooms, bread contents, parsley, cheese, and add it back to the french bread. Next, add in the Quiche mixture.
- Bake for 40- 45 min in a 350 ℉ oven ( 180 ℃). Towards the end cover with Bread Crumbs.
- Serve warm.
Recipe Adapted from www.hokto-kinoko.co.jp