Mushrooms are not just filled with ‘vitamin D’, they also contain ‘vitamin B’ in abundance!
Because of their exposure to sunlight, mushrooms are loaded with vitamin D. But did you know that they are rich in vitamin B too?
You may be surprised at vitamin B’s huge impact on our overall health.
Check out some of the benefits of vitamin B:
- Research shows that vitamin B helps boost metabolism and prevent the risk of strokes!
- Vitamin B1 helps prevent Beriberi, which is a nutritional deficiency disorder (lack of vitamin B1) that results in difficulty with walking, or even paralysis of lower legs.
- Vitamin B2 can increase energy, improve the immune system, clear acne and prevent muscle cramps.
- Vitamin B3 helps lower cholesterol.
- Vitamin B5 aids in producing essential hormones in the body and is also required for growth.
- Vitamin B6 helps reduce the possibility of heart diseases, and is necessary to build new red blood cells.
- You can fight anemia with the help of vitamin B12. It helps to sustain healthy nerve cells, and also aids in constructing blood cells in the body.
- Vitamin B is also important for preserving healthy and youthful skin, hair, nails and eyes.
However, vitamin B is water soluble and cannot be stored by the body. Therefore, it is important to eat food rich in vitamin B like mushrooms.